CSIO5* in Moscow is a success
30 08 2012
A big show jumping event with prize money of 393.000 Euro was held in Russia for the first time last week. Riders from six countries came to Moscow to compete in the Nations Cup as well as in several Middle Tour and Big Tour classes. The finishing touch of the CSIO 5* show was the Grand Prix of Moscow on Sunday afternoon. It was a tough course designed by Stefan Wirth with five clear rides out of 29, two of which got a time penalty. Former eventing rider Kir Major from Russia with the KWPN gelding Unique (by Guidam) won the Grand Prix after a fast and clear jump-off, Belarus' Vadim Cherevan with Kokain (by Come On) became second having one fence down and Russian Alexandr Belekhov with Sancho Pansa (by Silvio) finished on third place with eight penalties.
Kristaps Neretniks from Latvia was proclaimed the best rider of the event. Abroad the Westphalian stallion Conte Bellini (Cornet Obolensky x Ramiro), the maternal half-brother of the famous Monte Bellini, Neretniks won two Rolex Ranked classes.
International Show Jumping event CSIO 5*
Сompetition #4 Big round (RR), Qualification to the Grand Prix
1. Kristaps Neretniks LAT - Conte Bellini /03/Westf/Cornet Obolensky - 0/63,31
2. Vladimir Beletskiy RUS - Rocketman 2 /01/Hann/Raphael - 0/63,79
3. Piotr Morsztyn POL - Osadkowski van Halen /02/KWPN/Hors La Loi Ii - 0/67,00
Сompetition #15, Grand Prix of Moscow
1. Kir Major RUS - Unique/01/KWPN/Guidam - 0/0-35.81
2. Vadim Cherevan BLR - Kokain/02/OLDEN/Come On - 0/4-37.56
3. Alexandr Belekhov RUS - Sancho Pansa/02/HANN/Silvio - 0/8-39.48
Source World of Showjumping