Hollberg and Orphan Car prevail over talented field
24 02 2013
Matthias Hollberg and Orphan Car set a speedy pace early in the order and held on to the first spot during today's class at The Ridge at Wellington's $175,000 1.40m Invitational Grand Prix Series. Hollberg and Orphan Car completed the jump-off in 38.448 seconds, taking a sharp inside turn between the first two fences and leaving all the rails up to secure the win.
Andres Rodriguez, winner of two previous classes in The Ridge at Wellington's Grand Prix series, finished just a tick behind Hollberg in second aboard Aberdeen 33. Rodriguez noted that fence two of the first round, the Global Champions Tour wall, provided a challenge early in the course. Jeffrey Welles rode Merlin to a third place finish in 39.085 seconds. Welles said his horse can be high strung, but went nicely for him in the class. Agatha D'Ambra and Airbus closed out the top four with the only other double clear round of the day.
$15,000 The Ridge at Wellington 1.40m Invitational Grand Prix - Mida Farm
1. Orphan Car - Matthias Hollberg - 0/0, 38.448
2. Aberdeen 33 - Andres Rodriguez - 0/0, 38.698
3. Merlin - Jeffery Welles - 0/0, 39.085
4. Airbus - Agatha D'Ambra - 0/0, 45.458
5. Tilghman - Sarah Segal - 0/4, 38.296
6. Sil - Geoff Case - 0/4, 40.256
7. Imothep - Nicole Simpson - 0/4, 41.618
8. Oh La La - Lauren Hough - 0/4, 45.590
9. HH Sandor - Anna McKnight - 0/8, 37.836
10. Rolex - Joseph Sorce - 0/8, 45.551