Hough and Ohlala are best in 1.45m at FTI WEF
09 03 2013
Week nine's CSI-W 5* competition at the 2013 FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival (FTI WEF) continued on Friday with a win for Lauren Hough (USA) and Ohlala in the $33,000 G&C Farm 1.45m speed class, a Longines FEI world ranking event.
63 entries showed over course designer Steve Stephens' speed track with just nine clear rounds. The fastest time of 68.03 seconds for Lauren Hough and The Ohlala Group's Ohlala was the winner. The pair edged out McLain Ward (USA) and Sagamore Farms' Rothchild with their time of 68.51 seconds. Eiken Sato (JPN) and Stephex Stables' Cita B finished third in 69.60 seconds.
Final Results: $33,000 G&C Farm 1.45m Jumpers
1. OHLALA: LAUREN HOUGH (USA), The Ohlala Group: 0/68.03
2. ROTHCHILD: MCLAIN WARD (USA), Sagamore Farms: 0/68.51
3. CITA B: EIKEN SATO (JPN), Stephex Stables: 0/69.60
4. PACIFIC BEACH-H.C.: CATHERINE PASMORE (USA), Pasmore Stables, LLC: 0/70.29
5. ZERNIKE K: BRIANNE GOUTAL (USA), Remarkable Farms LP: 0/71.55
6. FLAMING STAR: CHARLIE JACOBS (USA), CMJ Sporthorse LLC: 0/72.23
7. V: KATIE PRUDENT (USA), Michael Smith: 0/72.88
8. BOO VAN HET KASTANJEHOF: ANDREW WELLES (USA), Peter Welles: 0/73.47
9. NORLAM DES ESTISSES: EIKEN SATO (JPN), Stephex Stables: 0/76.33
10. AD VANGELYS: FLAVIO ABREU BERNARDES (BRA), Flavio Abreu Bernardes: 1/78.76
11. BARANUS: IAN MILLAR (CAN), The Baranus Group: 1/80.95
12. HH WILCO: QUENTIN JUDGE (USA), Double H Farm: 2/84.62
Source Lauren Fisher and Laura Cardon for Jennifer Wood Media, Inc.